Windows Store is one of the essential features of Windows 10 as it lets users download and update any application on their PC securely. You don’t have to worry about viruses or malware issues while downloading apps from Windows Store as all the apps are checked by Microsoft itself before approving the apps on the Store. But what happens when the Windows Store app goes missing and not only this, other apps such as MSN, Mail, Calendar, and Photos also goes missing, well you will have to download the apps from the 3rd party and then your system will be vulnerable to virus & malware.
The main cause of this issue seems to be the Windows Store files somehow got corrupted while upgrading Windows. For a few users who have Windows Store reports that the icon is not clickable and for another user, the Windows Store app is completely missing. So without wasting any time let’s see how to actually Fix Windows Store missing in Windows 10 with the below-listed troubleshooting steps.
Fix Windows Store missing in Windows 10
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Reset Windows Store Cache
1. Press Windows Key + R then type “wsreset.exe” and hit enter.
2. Let the above command run which will reset your Windows Store cache.
3. When this is done restart your PC to save changes. See if you’re able to Fix Windows Store missing in Windows 10, if not then continue.
Method 2: Re-Register Windows Store
1. In the Windows search type Powershell then right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
2. Now type the following in the Powershell and hit enter:
3. Let the above process finish and then restart your PC.
Note: If the above command doesn’t work then try this one:
Method 3: Run DISM command
1. Search Command Prompt, right-click and select Run As Administrator.
2. Type the following command in cmd and hit enter after each one:
3. Let the DISM command run and wait for it to finish.
4. If the above command doesn’t work, then try on the below:
Note: Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows with your repair source (Windows Installation or Recovery Disc).
5. Reboot your PC to save changes and see if you can Fix Windows Store missing in Windows 10, if not then continue.
Method 4: Repair Windows Store
1. Go here and download the zip file.
2. Copy & paste the zip file in C:\Users\Your_Username\Desktop
Note: Replace Your_Username with your actual account username.
3. Now type powershell in Windows Search then right-click on PowerShell and select Run as Administrator.
4. Type the following command and hit Enter after each one:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted (If it asks you to change the execution policy, press Y and hit Enter)
cd C:\Users\Your_Username\Desktop (Again change Your_Username to your actual account username)
5. Again follow Method 1 to reset Windows Store Cache.
6. Now again type the following command into PowerShell and hit Enter:
7. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 5: Run System Restore
1. Press Windows Key + R and type sysdm.cpl then hit enter.
2. Select the System Protection tab and choose System Restore.
3. Click Next and choose the desired System Restore point.
4. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete system restore.
5. After reboot, you may be able to Fix Windows Store missing in Windows 10.
Method 6: Run Windows Store Troubleshooter
1. Go to t his link and download Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
2. Double-click the download file to run the Troubleshooter.
3. Make sure to click on Advanced and checkmark “Apply repair automatically.”
4. Let the Troubleshooter run and Fix Windows Store Not Working.
5. In control panel search Troubleshooting on the left side and click on Troubleshooting.
6. Next, from the left window, pane select View all.
7. Then, from the Troubleshoot computer problems list select Windows Store Apps.
8. Follow on-screen instruction and let the Windows Update Troubleshoot run.
9. Restart your PC and again try to install apps from Windows Store.
Method 7: Create a New User Account
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings and then click Accounts.
2. Click on Family & other people tab in the left-hand menu and click Add someone else to this PC under Other people.
3. Click, I don’t have this person’s sign-in information in the bottom.
4. Select Add a user without a Microsoft account at the bottom.
5. Now type the username and password for the new account and click Next.
Sign in to this new user account and see if the Windows Store is working or not. If you are successfully able to Fix Windows Store missing in Windows 10 in this new user account, then the problem was with your old user account which might have got corrupted, anyway transfer your files to this account and delete the old account to complete the transition to this new account.
Method 8: Repair Install Windows 10
This method is the last resort because if nothing works out, then, this method will surely repair all problems with your PC. Repair Install uses an in-place upgrade to repair issues with the system without deleting user data present on the system. So follow this article to see How to Repair Install Windows 10 Easily.
Recommended for you:
- Fix You’ll need a new app to open this – ms-windows-store
- How To Fix Windows 10 App Store Icon Missing
- Fix WiFi Is Not Connecting After Sleep or Hibernation
- Fix The default gateway is not available
That’s it you have successfully Fix Windows Store missing in Windows 10 but if you still have any questions regarding this post then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.